About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States
I love HAIR. I love Make-up. I love Fashion. I love glamour, glitter, sparkles and all things girly. I love watching all of the aforementioned subjects. And this "BLOG" is now gonna allow me to TALK about the aforementioned subjects as well!! Basically this is my "Babbling Blog-a-licious Brouhaha...."

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Troy Polamalu’s Expensive Hair


REALLY?!? Wow, a MILLION DOLLARS!!
(article taken from http://blogs.forbes.com/monteburke)

Troy Polamalu’s Expensive Hair

By MONTE BURKE
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported today that Steelers’ star safety Troy Polamalu’s flowing black mane has been insured by Lloyd’s of London for $1 million. Polamalu (and his hair), of course, star in those semi-entertaining television ads for Head & Shoulders shampoo, a product that Polamalu has supposedly used for most of his life. The insurance is being paid for by the shampoo’s parent company, Procter & Gamble.
It’s a great publicity stunt. According to the Post-Gazette, Polamalu is insured for on-the-field hair loss only. The possibility of anything horrible happening on the field seems remote. If Larry Johnson’s tackle in 2006 couldn’t do it, nothing can.
Lloyd’s has pulled these stunts before. They’ve insured the legs of Betty Grable and the, um, behind of Jennifer Lopez.



Read full story here:
http://blogs.forbes.com/monteburke/2010/09/01/troy-polamalus-expensive-hair/?boxes=businesschanneltopstories

No comments:

Post a Comment